Thursday 20 May 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fia Porter in Mexia and Joe Cioe.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ticket To Ride by The Beatles.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Mirage, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Melodie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1965 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Fia Porter in Mexia: Texas, USA; actress (Audrey Ames - One Life to Live).
- Joe Cioe: Cranston, Rhode Island -- Canadian Tour golfer (NH Open-1992, 93).
- Joe Cioe in Cranston: Rhode Island, USA; Canadian Tour golfer (New Hampshire Open-1992, 1993).
- Todd Stottlemyre in Yakima: Washington, USA; pitcher (Saint Louis Cardinals, Toronto Blue Jays).
- Susan DeAngelo: American criminal and the daughter of a convicted criminal, Susan was arrested on 10/10/2002 on charges of robbing a bank two weeks earlier in Quincy, MA.
- Bouli Lanners: Belgian actor, author, and film director, widely known for his film "The Giants".
- Bruno Marie-Rose: French athlete from West Indies, sprinter, he won a bronze medal at the 1988 Olympics with the French relay (world record) and a gold one at the 1990 European championships (relay 4X100m), and finally a silver one at the 1991 World championships (relay).
- Jean-Charles Trouabal: French athlete, he won 3 medals gold at the European championship, bronze at the Olympics, and silver at the world championship, with the French team (Marie-Rose, Sangouma, and Morinière).
- Ted Allen: TV Show Host
- Stu Grimson: Canadian ice hockey player sportscaster and lawyer
- Yorkshire all out for 23 versus Hampshire at Middlesbrough.
- Pakistani Boeing 720-B crashes at Cairo, Egypt, killing 121.
- PIA Flight 705, a Pakistan International Airlines Boeing 720 : 040 B, crashes while descending to land at Cairo International Airport, killing 119 of the 125 passengers and crew.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?