Saturday 20 May 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Cox in Hannibal and Christophe Dominici.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1972!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1972 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Michael Cox in Hannibal: Missouri, USA; 1.5km runner.
- Christophe Dominici: French rugby player, a member of the French rugby team 1999, playing as wing.
- Busta Rhymes: American rap artist, Rhymes formed Leaders of the New School in 1990 and released two albums with the group before releasing his 1996 solo hit single, "Woo-Hah!! Got You All in Check.
- Tina Hobley: British television actress.
- Cornelis J van der Klauw: Dutch biologist/zoologist, dies at age 78.
- Different Times closes at ANTA Theater NYC after 24 performances
- Hard Job Being God closes at Edison Theater NYC after 6 performances
- 5th ABA Championship: Indiana Pacers beat the New York Nets, 4 games to 2
- Cameroon adopts its constitution
- Republic of Cameroon declared as constitution is ratified.
- 98th Preakness: Eldon Nelson aboard Bee Bee Bee wins in 1:55.6.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?