Sunday 20 May 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tamika Thomas and Christophe Lemaire.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Reunited by Peaches & Herb.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
The Brood, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cities.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Datestones of Ryn or Galaxy Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1979!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1979 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Tamika Thomas: Miss Michigan Teen USA (1996).
- Christophe Lemaire: French-born jockey whose father, Patrice, made a name for himself in the world of French handicap racing.
- Jayson Werth: American baseball player.
- Rick Edwards: English radio and television host.
- Alessandro Hirata: Brazilian academic and jurist.
- Jana Pallaske: German actress and singer (Spitting Off Tall Buildings)
- Andrew Scheer: Canadian politician 35th Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons
- I Love My Wife closes at Barrymore Theater NYC after 864 performances
- 1st western pop star to tour USSR-Elton John
- Nancy Lopez wins LPGA Coca-Cola Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?