Sunday 20 May 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Brooks, directed by Bruce A. Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 20 May 2007 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 May
- Norman Von Nida: Australian golfer (Born 1914).
- Alltel, a mobile phone provider in the United States, is acquired by TPG Capital, L.P. and Goldman Sachs leveraged-buyout unit. (Bloomberg)
- A suicide bomber kills at least 10 people and injures 32 people in Gardez, the capital of Afghanistan's Paktia Province. (New York Times)
- 2007 Israel-Gaza conflict: An IAF plane fires a missile at house of Hamas lawmaker Khalil al-Haya, killing eight people and wounding many others Al-Haya was not at his house at the time of the strike. (Reuters)
- The main landing gear of an Air Canada Jazz plane flight # AC8911 collapsed while on a runway at Toronto Pearson International Airport in Canada with 37 passengers and 3 crew members who were not injured. (CTV Toronto)
- Bulgaria elects Members of the European Parliament for the first time, the three top parties each possibly receiving five deputies. The narrow winner of the elections is the opposition Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria. (Reuters)
- Tens of thousands of Venezuelans march in protest in support of Radio Caracas Televisión and in opposition to President Hugo Chávez, who has vowed not to renew its licence. (AP via Guardian)
- Thousands gather in Samsun, Turkey to protest against the government. (CNN)
- David Hicks returns from Guantánamo Bay to his home state of South Australia. He will serve the remaining seven months of his sentence for providing material support for terrorism at Yatala Labour Prison. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Romário scores his 1000th goal for Vasco da Gama by penalty kick against Sport Recife. He is only the second player in the history of professional soccer to achieve this, the first being Pelé in 1969. (Uol)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?