Sunday 20 May 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Moonrise Kingdom, directed by Wes Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 2012!
Which were the important events of 20 May 2012 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 May
- Syrian uprising: A roadside bomb explodes near a United Nations convoy in the Syrian capital of Damascus, in the district of Douma. (BBC)
- Bahraini uprising: Jailed Bahrain Centre for Human Rights head Nabeel Rajab is granted $800 bail with a travel ban for a charge of ampquotinsulting an official authorityampquot, though according to his lawyer he is still locked up on a second charge. (Al Jazeera)
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies at the age of 62. (BBC)
- At least 6 people are killed and dozens injured when a 6.0-magnitude earthquake strikes northern Italy. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu tells his cabinet that hundreds of thousands of iIllegal mmigrants from Africa would threaten Israel's identity. (The Jerusalem Post)
- Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, the former Libyan intelligence officer convicted of the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, dies at his home in the Libyan capital of Tripoli at the age of 60. (Al Jazeera)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) director general Yukiya Amano heads for Tehran to convince the Iranian government to co-operate with the agency. (BBC)
- Staines becomes Staines-upon-Thames. (BBC)
- Two women in Jieyang, Guangdong, PRC, are executed for counterfeiting nearly 300 million yuan RMB. (Inside China)
- Pan-Green protesters pelt eggs at a poster of Ma Ying-jeou as Ma is sworn in for a second term as the President of the Republic of China (Taiwan), after winning the presidential election in January. (Al Jazeera)
- Voters in the Dominican Republic go to the polls for a presidential election with early results showing Danilo Medina as the winner. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
- Tomislav Nikolić is elected President of Serbia with 49.4% of the vote. (Deutsche Welle)
- Thousands of people gather in London for an open-top bus parade to celebrate 's UEFA Champions League victory over Munich in last night's final. (BBC)
- Russia wins 2012 IIHF World Championship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?