Tuesday 20 November 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Silent Man, directed by William S. Hart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1917 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Hans Kettgen: Germany Military man.
- Bobby Locke: South African golfer (d. 1987).
- Robert Byrd: American politician, the longest-serving Senator in United States history as of June 12, 2006.
- Max Georg Baumann: Composer.
- Pam Henningen [Cornelia CP Ingenegeren]: Indonesian / Dutch dancer.
- Ram Gopal: Indies / English dancer (Blue Peter, Purple Plain)
- Robert C Byrd: (Sen-D-West Virginia, 1959- ) / majority leader
- Maurice Weisner: American military personnel, a United States Navy four-star admiral who served as Vice Chief of Naval Operations (VCNO) from 1972 to 1973; Commander in Chief, U.S. Pacific Fleet (CINCPACFLT) from 1973 to 1976; and Commander in Chief, United States Pacific Command (CINCPAC) from 1976 to 1979. He served in World War II as a naval aviator aboard the USS Wasp (CV-7) until it was sunk in September 1942. Admiral Maurice F. Weisner died on October 15, 2006, aged 88, in Pensacola, Florida.
- 1st tank battle (Britain breaks through German lines)
- Ukrainian Republic declared.
- Ukraine is declared a republic.
- World War I: Battle of Cambrai begins : British forces make early progress in an attack on German positions but are later pushed back.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Brown Brothers
- Beale Street Blues - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?