Wednesday 20 November 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Der Schatz, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1929 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Donald Ray January: Plainview, Texas -- PGA golfer (1960 Tucson Open).
- Kenneth DeWitt Schermerhorn in Schenectady: New York, USA; conductor (American Ballet).
- Dick Clark in Mount Vernon: New York, USA; TV host (American Bandstand).
- Jerry Hardin: American actor who has appeared in film and television roles, although he is perhaps best known as the character Deep Throat in the series "The X-Files.
- Don January: American retired professional golfer, who won 10 PGA Tour titles, though never more than one in a year, with his most notable at the 1967 PGA Championship, an 18-hole playoff victory over Don Massengale.
- Emmanuel Lescure: French business leader, who spent his entire career within Groupe SEB, serving as Chairman from 1976 to 1990.
- Luigi Carrara: Italy sport Champion
- Penelope Hobhouse: Irish gardener author and educator
- 1st broadcast of Goldbergs on US radio
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?