Thursday 20 November 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Murder!, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 20 November 1930 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 20 November 1930 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
See other famous people born on 20 November
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1930?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Football's Public -- Nov. 17, 1930
- Science: Science vol. 72 issue 1872
- Time: National executive committee chairman, Democratic Party
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The basis for the Academy Award-winning major motion picture starring Best Actor nominee Richard Dix and Best Actress nominee Irene Dunne.This vivid and sweeping tale of the Oklahoma Land Rush, from Pulitzer Prize winner Edna Ferber, traces the stunning challenges ...
1930. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
1930. American writer and playwright, he is best known for the Pulitzer Prize awarded his play Our Town in 1938. His second novel, The Bridge of San Luis Rey won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928.
Tell the world why 20 November 1930 is such a special date for you!