Wednesday 20 November 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Crime and Punishment, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 20 November 1935 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 20 November 1935 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
See other famous people born on 20 November
Yves Bonnet: French top-ranking civil servant, 1960, Assistant Chief of Police, 1968-71, 1974-82.
Imre Makovecz: Hungarian architect (d. 2011).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1935?
- Time: Author and journalist
- Science: Science vol. 82 issue 2133
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Football Spectators -- Nov. 11, 1935
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Green Light, 1935 novel by Lloyd Douglas. Hardcover with dust jacket, 326 pages, published by Grosset & Dunlap.
A novel that takes place in the Valley of Virginia, tracing the experience of a family with four generations of strong women.
The second novel by the great American novelist now the subject of a major new film Genius starring Jude Law Colin Firth Dominic West and Nicole Kidman It is 1920 and Eugene Gant leaves the American South for Harvard New ...
STATED FIRST PRINTING. March 1971 Signet(NAL) mass market paperback, Rachel Field (And Now Tomorrow). After the death of her father, ten year old Kate Fernald and her mother head to the coast of Maine where mom has a job as ...
Tell the world why 20 November 1935 is such a special date for you!