Friday 20 November 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Casablanca, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1942 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Joseph R Biden Jr American politician (Democrat-Senator-Delaware: Vice President 2009-).
- Norman Greenbaum in Massachusetts: USA; folk singer ("Spirit in the Sky").
- Paulos Faraj Rahho: Iraqi bishop (d. 2008).
- Joe Biden: American Democratic politician, a three-term Senator from Delaware.
- Meredith Monk: American composer, performer, director, vocalist, filmmaker, and choreographer.
- Robert Costanzo: American actor director and producer
- Bob Einstein: American actor producer and screenwriter
- Norman Greenbaum: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Paulos Rahho: Iraqi archbishop (d. 2008)
- 26th Russian Armoured Corps recaptures Perelazovski
- British 8th Army recaptures Benghazi, Libya
- Hitler names Field Marshal Erich von Manstein becomes commanding
- Soviet army offensive, 1 million Russians breach German lines
- NHL abolishes regular season overtime until World War II is over.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?