Monday 20 November 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1950 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Jacqueline Gourault: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Loir-et-Cher department.
- David Kemper: American banker and CEO in charge of Commerce Bancshares.
- Gary Green: Rocker (Gentle Giant).
- Francesco Cilea: Italian composer and academic (d. 1950).
- T. S. Eliot speaks against television in the UK.
- Anti-British riots erupt in Egypt.
- Shirley Temple announces her retirement from show business.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 November 1950 and get them!