Sunday 20 November 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Tarantula, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1955 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Kathryn Morton: Scottish physician and mother of a child killed by Thomas Watt Hamilton in the Dunblane School massacre of March 13, 1996.
- Thea Vidale: Actress (Family Matters).
- Timothy Kristian Charles Mace: Great Britain, Cosmonaut.
- Angela Finocchiaro: Italian actress, who won the David di Donatello for Best Supporting Actress in 2006 thanks to her performance in "La bestia nel cuore" and in 2007 for playing the role of Amelia Benassi in "Mio fratello è figlio unico.
- Bo Diddley makes his television debut on Ed Sullivan's ''Toast Of The Town'' show for the CBS-TV network.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?