Tuesday 20 November 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Powers and Sergei Gayevich Severin.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Sharkfighters, directed by Jerry Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Power.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1956 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Dan Powers: Rock guitarist (Michael Stanley Band).
- Sergei Gayevich Severin: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Mark Gastineau NFL end (New York Jets: Pro Bowl 1981-85).
- Bo Derek in Long Beach: California, USA; actress (10, Tarzan the Ape Man).
- Bo Derek: American actress, making $35,000 and a reputation as the epitome of beauty with her 5'4" perfect shape in the film "10.
- Gareth Chilcott: English rugby player
- Mark Gastineau: American football player and boxer
- Natasha Vlassenko: Russian-Australian pianist and educator
- In Yugoslavia, former prime minister Milovan Djilas is arrested after he criticizes Josip Broz Tito.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?