Monday 20 November 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Hermé and Jim Brickman.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
In UK His Latest Flame / Little Sisters by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Hawaii, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching KVN - Klub Veselikh i Nanodchivikh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1961!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1961 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Pierre Hermé: French pastry chef most famous for his macarons, many of which have unusual flavor combinations.
- Jim Brickman: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Tim Harvey: English race car driver and sportscaster.
- Larry Karaszewski: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Dave Watson: English footballer and manager.
- WPLG TV channel 10 in Miami, Florida (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?