Thursday 20 November 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Wedding Bell Blues by The 5th Dimension.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Change of Habit, directed by William Graham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1969!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1969 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Malvin Hunter: CFL defensive end (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Richard Dickson Reid: New Zealand -- Road race cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Silvia Sommaggio: Italian 5k runner.
- Dabo Swinney: Coach.
- Callie Thorne: American actor.
- Kristian Ghedina: Italian skier, recipient of a Silver Medal in the open event 2/17/1996. Ghedina is the best Italian downhill in the history of World Cup ski racing, celebrating ten victories since 1990, most of them on challenging "classic" courses such as Val Gardena, or Wengen. He is the first Italian to have dominated the competition on the treacherous "Streif" at Kitzbühel, achieving his wildest dream that day in 1998.
- Alcatraz Island off SF, is seized by militant Native Americans
- In Southern West Virginia, a magnitude 4.5 earthquake occurs. This is the largest known historical earthquake in West Virginia.
- Pele scores his 1,000th soccer goal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- The Beatles - Something
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- The Flying Machine - Smile A Little Smile For Me
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?