Thursday 20 November 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 20 November 2008 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 November
- After critical failures in the US financial system began to build up after mid-September, the Dow Jones Industrial Average reaches its lowest level since 1997.
- United States Attorney General Michael Mukasey collapses while giving a speech to the Federalist Society in Washington, D.C. (Politico)
- The Swedish Parliament ratifies the Treaty of Lisbon. (''Dagens Nyheter'')
- NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter discovers evidence of enormous underground deposits of water ice on Mars one such deposit, under Hellas Planitia, is estimated to be the size of Los Angeles. (AFP via Breitbart)
- Automotive industry crisis: Executives of the top three U.S. automakers (Ford Motor Company, General Motors, and Chrysler) testify before Congress for a bailout package. (AP via Google)
- French automaker PSA Peugeot Citroën announces plans to cut 2,700 jobs due to falling demand in Europe. (BBC News)
- At least one person is dead and twenty injured after a bomb is thrown into a People's Alliance for Democracy protest compound in Bangkok, Thailand. (ABC)
- Piracy in Somalia:
- The Russian Navy announces that it will deploy more warships in the Gulf of Aden to curb piracy. (AFP via Google)
- The Indian Navy receives permission from the Somali government to enter its territorial waters in pursuit of pirates. (CNN-IBN)
- Five Guantánamo Bay detainees who successfully argued ''Boumediene v. Bush'' before the Supreme Court are ordered freed by Judge Richard J. Leon of the District Court for Washington, D.C. (''The New York Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?