Friday 20 October 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
None But the Lonely Heart, directed by Clifford Odets, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1944 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Paul Kraus: Australian Holocaust survivor and mesothelioma patient.
- Nalin de Silva: Sri Lankan theoretical physicist and political analyst.
- David Mancuso: American party planner created The Loft.
- William Hugh Albright: Composer.
- Gabriel Groulez: Composer, dies at 65.
- Liquid-gas tanks in Cleveland explodes, 135 die, 3,600 homeless
- Russian / Yugoslavian troops free Belgrade
- US 1st army wins battle of Aachen
- US 6th army lands on Leyte, Philippines
- US forces under General Douglas MacArthur return to Philippines
- Revolution by workers and students in Guatemala.
- 30 blocks of Cleveland, Ohio, USA burn after a liquid gas factory explodes.
- The Soviet Army and Yugoslav Partisans liberate Belgrade, the capital of Yugoslavia
- General Douglas MacArthur fulfills his promise to return to the Philippines when he commands an Allied assault on the islands, reclaiming them from the Japanese during the Second World War.
- United States and Filipino troops with Filipino guerillas begin the Battle of Leyte.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?