Sunday 20 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Van Impe and Franco Vianelli.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Variety on View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1946 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Lucien Van Impe: Belgian cyclist racer famous for his qualities of climber.
- Franco Vianelli: .
- Diana Gittins: American-English sociologist author and academic.
- Lewis Grizzard: American comedian and author (d. 1994).
- Elfriede Jelinek: Austrian author and playwright Nobel Prize laureate.
- Richard Loncraine: English director and screenwriter
- Chris Woodhead: English civil servant and academic (d. 2015)
- Frank Seno returns kickoff 105 yards, Chicago Cardinals versus New York Giants.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?