Sunday 20 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1946 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Franco Vianelli: .
- Lucien Van Impe: Belgian cyclist racer famous for his qualities of climber.
- Diana Gittins: American-English sociologist author and academic.
- Lewis Grizzard: American comedian and author (d. 1994).
- Elfriede Jelinek: Austrian author and playwright Nobel Prize laureate.
- Richard Loncraine: English director and screenwriter
- Chris Woodhead: English civil servant and academic (d. 2015)
- Frank Seno returns kickoff 105 yards, Chicago Cardinals versus New York Giants.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?