Friday 20 October 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Isaac Curtis and Claude Sérillon.
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stu Erwin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1950 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Isaac Curtis: American football wide receiver who played his entire National Football League career with the Cincinnati Bengals (1973–1984).
- Claude Sérillon: French journalist and television personality who presented the programmes "Le journal de 20 heures" (France 2 plus TF1), "Géopolis" (France 2) and "Ôtrement dit" (France Ô).
- Issac Curtis: Santa Ana sports Champions.
- William Russ: TV Actor.
- Tom Petty: American musician.
- Henry Lewsis Stimson: US Minister of War / Governor-General.
- Australia passes the Communist Party Dissolution Act, which is later struck down by the High Court.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Always Love You (Querida Mia) - Dinah Shore
- Harbor Lights - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Eddie Fisher - Thinking of You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?