Thursday 20 October 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Rebel Without a Cause, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1955 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Aaron Pryor: American boxer.
- Robert ten Brink: Dutch TV host / cabaret artist.
- Thomas Newman: Actor / Composer (Cape Fear), dies of heart attack at 60.
- David Profumo: English author and academic.
- Robert Brink: Dutch television host and actor.
- Eino Roiha: Composer, dies at 51.
- No Time for Sergeants opens on Broadway, starring Andy Griffith
- Harry Belafonte records Day-O (Banana Boat Song)
- Yanks begin 16-game exhibition in Japan
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?