Sunday 20 October 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Bonham-Carter and Chris Cowdrey.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Pal Joey, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Twentieth Century.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1957 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jane Bonham-Carter: Baroness Bonham-Carter of Yarnbury English politician.
- Chris Cowdrey: English cricketer and sportscaster.
- Susanna Haavisto: Finnish actress and singer.
- Hilda Solis: American academic and politician 25th United States Secretary of Labor.
- Karachi A (277-0d) beat Sind A by an innings w / o losing a wkt
- Walter Cronkite begins hosting weekly documentary
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?