Monday 20 October 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1958 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Viggo Mortensen: American actor, he became a sex symbol after starring as Aragorn in the movie trilogy, "The Lord of the Rings.
- Eric Scott in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Ben - The Waltons).
- Scott Hall: American professional wrestler.
- Finlay : Wrestler.
- Louis Giscard d'Estaing: French politician and former member of the National Assembly of France.
- Ricky Byrd: Rocker (Joan Jett & Blackhearts)
- Ivo Pogorelich in Belgrade: Yugoslavia; pianist (1978 Casagrande winner).
- Dave Krieg: American football player, a quarterback for the San Diego Chargers. As one of the oldest players in professional football (age 41 in 1999), Krieg was originally signed by the Seattle Seahawks on 5/06/1980 as a non-drafted free agent. He spent 11 years in Seattle before moving on to the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Dale Zemianski: American fantasy artist, he has produced book illustrations, CD covers, book covers and a cover for "Analog: Science Fiction and Fact" magazine (September 1998), and in 1995 won the L. Ron Hubbard Illustrators of the Future Gold Award.
- Valerie Faris: American director and producer
- Dave Finlay: Irish-American wrestler and agent
- Lynn Flewelling: American author and academic
- Mark King: English singer-songwriter and bass player (Level 42 and Re-Flex)
- Ivo Pogorelić: Croatian pianist
- Eric Scott: American actor
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?