Tuesday 20 October 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Mouse That Roared, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1959 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Janice McCaffrey: Etobicoke, Ontario -- 10k walker (1992, 96 Olympics - 25th Place).
- Mark Little: Australian comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Ole Hamre: Norwegian drummer composer and producer (Fliflet/Hamre).
- Koichi Kawanishi: Japanese drummer (Unicorn).
- Werner Krauss: Actor (Joyless Street), dies at 75.
- Clark Griffith of Senators says team will not move the franchise
- WABG TV channel 6 in Greenwood-Greenville, MS (ABC) 1st broadcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- The Browns - The Three Bells
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?