Thursday 20 October 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lepa Brena and Konstantin Aseev.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The Alamo, directed by John Wayne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching BBC Sunday-Night Play.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1960 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:20 October
- 1st fully mechanized post office opened, Providence, Rhode Island
- Ralph Houk replaces Casey Stengel as New York Yankees manager.
- First fully mechanized post office opened, Providence, Rhode Island, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?