Sunday 20 October 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Biggs and Donna Morrissey.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Ice Station Zebra, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pohádky z mechu a kapradí.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1968 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Raymond Biggs: CFL linebacker (Calgary Stampeders).
- Donna Morrissey: American spokeswoman for Cardinal Law, she became familiar to many as she fielded inquiries and allegations during the sexual abuse scandals that rocked the Archdiocese of Boston, MA.
- Susan Tully: English actress director and producer.
- Her 1st Roman opens at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC for 17 performances
- Carol Mann wins LPGA Quality Chekd Golf Classic
- Mamo Wolde wins 16th Olympic marathon (2:20:26.4)
- Jacqueline Kennedy marries Aristotle Onassis.
- Former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy marries Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 October 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- James Brown - Say It Loud - I'm Black And I'm Proud (Part 1)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?