Friday 20 October 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while State of Denial by Bob Woodward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 20 October 2006 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 October
- OPEC agrees to reduce its output by , its first cut for more than two years, to halt falling oil prices. (USA Today)
- The Indian conglomerate Tata Group agrees to buy Anglo-Dutch steel firm Corus in the largest ever Indian takeover of a foreign company. (NDTV)
- Ethiopia expels two European Union diplomats for allegedly trying to smuggle two fugitives into Kenya. The European Union criticises the expulsions as ampquottotally unacceptable.ampquot (BBC)
- United States authorities charge a Wisconsin man with making a hoax threat against seven American football stadiums that said they would be targeted by terrorists with radiological dirty bombs on the weekend. (AP via WCBS)
- The Government of Kazakhstan is building a security fence on its border with Uzbekistan to prevent terrorist attacks in the country. (The New York Times)
- Clare Short, the former British cabinet minister, has left the Labour Party to sit as an Independent Labour MP. (BBC)
- Solomon Islands police and members of the Regional Assistance Mission to the Solomon Islands (RAMSI) raid the office of Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare in Honiara. (ABC News Australia)
- European Union leaders gather in Lahti, Finland, for a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin. (CNN)
- Newly convicted prisoners in the United Kingdom are to be held in police cells rather than prisons, as the nation's prison service faces chronic overcrowding in its jails. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 October 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?