Wednesday 20 September 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas O'Neill and Matthew Barrett.
Thunder Rock, directed by Roy Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1944 ?
- Thomas O'Neill: American politician and businessman.
- Matthew Barrett: Business Executive.
- Jeremy Child: Actor (Privilege, Taffin).
- John Grayburn: English (Victoria Cross), dies in battle in Arnhem.
- Nijmegen free
- Polish forces free Terneuzen Neth
- WWII: Jüri Uluots, prime minister in capacity of president of Estonia, escapes to Sweden 2 days later, Tallinn is taken by the Red Army.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 September 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - It Had To Be You
- And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal Anita O'Day)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?