Saturday 20 September 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Fun & Fancy Free, directed by Edgar Bergen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1947 ?
- Patrick Poivre d'Arvor: French journalist, a reporter with France-Inter, 1971-‘74, head of the political department, 1975-‘76, Assistant editor, 1976-‘83 and 8:00 PM news anchor (Antenne2, 1976-83).
- Chuck Panozzo: Chicago, Illinois -- Rocker (Styx).
- John Panozzo: Chicago, Illinois -- Rocker (Styx).
- Isabelle Balkany: French politician, who served as conseillère générale and vice president of 'Le conseil général des Hauts-de-Seine' (1998-2011), and as the first deputy mayor of Levallois-Perret.
- Mia Martini: Italian pop singer, songwriter and sister of rock singer Loredana Berte.
- Billy Bang: American violinist and composer (d. 2011)
- Jude Deveraux: American author
- Steve Gerber: American author and screenwriter (d. 2008)
- Wojciech Kurtyka: Polish mountaineer and rock climber
- Chris Ortloff: former New York state Republican politician and admitted pedophile
- Bruce Pasternack: American businessman
- Patrick d'Arvor: French journalist and author
- Patrick Poivre: Reims Journalist
- Fiorello H La Guardia: (Mayor-R-NYC, 1933-45).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?