Monday 20 September 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Sabrina, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1954 ?
- Anne Mcintosh: British member European parliament.
- Brinke Stevens [Charlene Brinkman] in California: USA; actress (Slumber Party Massacre).
- Silvio Leonard: Cienguegos, Cuba -- 100m runner (1980 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Anne McIntosh: Scottish lawyer and politician.
- Henry Samueli: American businessman co-founded Broadcom.
- Brinke Stevens: American actress producer and screenwriter
- Shivarudra Balayogi: Yogi direct disciple of Shri Shivabalayogi Maharaj
- 1st FORTRAN computer program run
- KETC TV channel 9 in Saint Louis, MO (PBS) begins broadcasting
- First FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslation) computer program is run.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Smile - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?