Sunday 20 September 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Crispin Glover and Paolo Caldarella.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Outsiders, directed by JeanLuc Cinéma Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gut gefragt ist halb gewonnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1964 ?
- Crispin Glover: Actor (Back to the Future).
- Paolo Caldarella: Italian water polo athlete who participated in the Olympics at Barcelona in 1992.
- Frédéric Molénac: French fashion designer and artist, attended the Studio Berçot fashion school in Paris in 1984, then worked in design studios, first for Claude Montana then for Jean-Paul Gaultier.
- Steve Trapilo: American football player, 6' 2", 289 lbs, a guard with the New Orleans Saints starting on 7/27/1987.
- Randy Bradbury: American bass player (Pennywise and One Hit Wonder).
- Maggie Cheung: Hong Kong actress
- Paramount Theater (NYC) presented the Beatles with Steve and Eydie
- At the autumnal equinox, the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids (OBOD) is founded in England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?