Tuesday 20 September 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Riss and Nuno Bettencourt.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Cherish by The Association.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Masculin Féminin, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ja zuster, nee zuster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1966 ?
- Riss : French cartoonist, "Riss" was a victim of the shooting at Charlie Hebdo office and one of the survivors, with reporter Laurent Léger and other cartoonist Corinne Rey.
- Nuno Bettencourt: Azores -- Rock guitarist (Extreme-More Than Words).
- Douglas Gordon: Director (Call Me Mr Tibbs, Our Gang), dies at 85.
- Passenger ship Queen Elizabeth II launched
- US Surveyor B launched toward Moon; crashes September 23.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 September 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Temptations - Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
- Los Bravos - Black Is Black
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?