Wednesday 20 September 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1967 ?
- Catherine Bond-Mills: Woodstock, Ontario -- Heptathlete (1996 Olympics).
- Martin Harrison: NFL defensive end (Minn Vikings).
- Kristen Johnston: American actress.
- Alex Jordan: American porn actress and director (d. 1995).
- Gunnar Nelson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Nelson).
- Matthew Nelson: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Nelson)
- Henri Mulet: Composer, dies at 88.
- Benin separates from Nigeria
- British liner Queen Elizabeth II launched at Clydebank Scotland
- WCAE TV channel 50 in St. John, IN (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WCIX TV channel 6 in Miami, Florida (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Hurricane Beulah hits Texas-Mexican border, kills 38.
- RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 is launched at John Brown & Company, Clydebank, Scotland. It is operated by the Cunard Line.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Association - Never My Love
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Peter, Paul and Mary - I Dig Rock And Roll Music
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?