Friday 20 September 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Waller and Eric Turner.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Harper Valley P.T.A. by Jeannie C. Riley.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Weekend, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How We Used to Live.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1968 ?
- Chris Waller: Evanston, Illinois -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics).
- Eric Turner: American football player, a safety with the Oakland Raiders.
- Michelle Visage: TV Show Host.
- Ijaz Ahmed: Pakistani cricketer and coach.
- Van Jones: American attorney and activist.
- Leah Pinsent: Canadian actress
- Darrell Russell: American football player (Born 1976)
- Ben Shepherd: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Soundgarden Hater and Wellwater Conspiracy)
- Frank Pelleg: Composer, dies at 57.
- Mickey Mantle hits final career homer number 536.
- ''Hawaii 5-O'' debuts on CBS and eventually becomes the longest-running crime show in television history until ''Law amp Order'' overtakes it in 2003.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Fool On The Hill
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?