Sunday 20 September 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tora! Tora! Tora!, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1970 ?
- John Copeland: NFL defensive end (Cin Bengals).
- Mathias Cormann: Australian politician of Belgian descent.
- Jim Morrison found not guilty of lewd behavior
- Syrian tanks roll into Jordan in response to continued fighting between Jordan and the fedayeen.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Bread - Make It With You
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 September 1970 and get them!