Monday 20 September 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1971 ?
- Todd Blackadder: New Zealand rugby player and coach.
- Masashi Hamauzu: Japanese pianist and composer.
- Dominika Peczynski: Swedish singer and television host (Army of Lovers and Nouveau Riche).
- Sebastian Roth: German musician.
- Andrew Lane: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Henryk Larsson: Soccer player (Feyenoord)
- Jenny Murdock: LPGA golfer
- Ryan Terry: NFL running back / kick returner (Arizona Cardinals)
- Henrik Larsson: Swedish footballer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
- Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 September 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?