Monday 20 September 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Lambert and Jon Bernthal.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Bugsy Malone, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching That's Cat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Heavyweight Champ or Sprint 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1976!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1976 ?
- Vincent Lambert: Quadriplegic after an accident, he undertook steps to be euthanazed although his mother (for religious reasons) and the French law are opposed to euthanasia.
- Jon Bernthal: American actor.
- Agata Buzek: Polish model and actress.
- Yo Hitoto: Japanese pop singer.
- Yui Horie: Japanese voice actress and singer (Aice5).
- Johan Boskamp: Opera singer / actor, dies at 83.
- Metroliner official opens in Brussels
- Sid Berstein offers US$230 million for a charity concert for The Beatles' reunion.
- International Organization of Space Communications (Intersputnik) is founded.
- September 21 – The semi-legendary 100 Club Punk Festival ignites the careers of several influential punk and post-punk bands, arguably sparking the Punk Movement's introduction into mainstream culture.
- The Seychelles join the United Nations.
- Orlando Letelier is assassinated in Washington, D.C. by agents of Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- War - Summer
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?