Friday 20 September 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alban Préaubert and Tessanne Chin.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Ran, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Comedy Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Mind Forever Voyaging or One Man and His Droid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1985 ?
- Alban Préaubert: French competitive figure skater who won six ISU Grand Prix medals and five French national bronze medals (2006, 2008–11).
- Tessanne Chin: Jamaican-American singer and guitarist.
- Ian Desmond: American baseball player.
- Mami Yamasaki: Japanese model and actress.
- Curtis Strong is convicted for selling cocaine to pro baseball players
- The capital gains tax is introduced to Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Wham! - Freedom
- Prince - Pop Life
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Madonna - Dress You Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?