Saturday 20 September 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
The School of Rock, directed by Richard Linklater, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 20 September 2003 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 September
- Maldives civil unrest: the death of prisoner Hassan Evan Naseem sparks a day of rioting in Male.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Israel says that the United Nations resolution on Yasser Arafat (passed 133–4 with 15 abstentions) ampquotis meaningless. It is only a declaration and not legally binding.ampquot Yasser Arafat states it is of the ampquotutmost importanceampquot as a sign of international support for the Palestinians. Israel states Palestinians should focus their energy on fighting terrorism. Israel also insists that a new government being formed by incoming Palestinian Prime
- 'War on Terrorism': Seventeen people are killed by United States airstrikes in southeast Afghanistan's Zabul province (in particular the Shinkay district). Eight nomad women and children, two Taliban fighters, several collaborating nomads, and a Taliban commander (Mohammad Gul Niazai) are among the dead.
- Occupation of Iraq: Two American soldiers are killed and 13 wounded in a mortar attack in Abu Ghraib, and another soldier dies in a roadside attack in Ramadi, bringing the number of U.S. deaths since the war began to 304, of which 165 occurred after President Bush's ampquotmission accomplishedampquot statement of May 1.
- European Union enlargement: Latvians vote overwhelmingly in favor of the Baltic country joining the European Union.
- Canadian Liberal Leadership Race: Early numbers from delegate-selection elections within the Liberal Party confirm Paul Martin will win an automatic first-round victory at the forthcoming leadership convention. Barring unforeseen circumstances, Martin can now be expected to become Canada's 21st Prime Minister in February 2004.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 September 2003 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?