Friday 21 April 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1933 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Easley Blackwood in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; composer (Un Voyage � Cythere).
- Ian Carr: Scottish musician, a rock and jazz trumpeter with the group "Nucleus," from September 1969.
- Edelmiro Amante: Filipino lawyer and politician (d. 2013).
- Easley Blackwood: Jr.
- Ignatius Iwas: Iraqi patriarch (d. 2014).
- Nazi Germany outlaws the kosher ritual shechita.
- The Gestapo is established in Germany.
- Editors of the ''Harvard Lampoon'' steal the Sacred Cod of Massachusetts from the State House (it is returned two days later).
- The Jessop Son department store in Nottingham, England is acquired by John Lewis Partnership (its first store outside of London).
- The Stahlhelm organization joins the Nazi party.
- The first alleged modern sighting of the Loch Ness Monster occurs.
- ''Gleichschaltung'': Adolf Hitler prohibits trade unions.
- In the Irish Free State, Dáil Éireann abolishes the Oath of Allegiance to the British Crown.
- Nellie Tayloe Ross becomes the first woman to be named director of the United States Mint.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?