Wednesday 21 April 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claire Denis and Lord Egremont.
Letter from an Unknown Woman, directed by Max Opuls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1948 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Claire Denis: Paris, France -- Actress (Boom Boom, Chocolat).
- Lord Egremont: English large landowner / multi-millionaire.
- Gary A: Condit; American politician (Representative-Democrat-California).
- Paul Davis in Meridian: Michigan, USA; country/rock vocalist ("I Go Crazy").
- Gary Condit: American politician, CA rep, elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred First Congress by special election to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of United States Representative Anthony L. Coelho, and reelected to the six succeeding Congresses (September 12, 1989 to January 3, 2003).
- Paul Nipperess: From 1964, his working career included many varied occupations. From salesman to share trader and commodity future trader.
- Paul Davis: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2008)
- Dieter Fromm: German runner
- Alan West: Baron West of Spithead English admiral and politician Minister for Security
- 1st Polaroid camera was sold in US
- 2nd NBA Championship: Baltimore Bullets beat Philadelphia Warriors, 4 games to 2
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 April 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nature Boy - Nat King Cole (Frank DeVol & His Orchestra)
- Toolie Oolie Doolie (Yodel Polka) - Andrews Sisters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?