Saturday 21 April 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1951 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Nicoel Barclay: Rocker.
- Michael Hartley Freedman: American mathematician.
- Tony Danza in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Tony Banta - Taxi, Tony Micelli - Who's The Boss?).
- Paul Carrack in Sheffield: England; rock vocalist (Mike and the Mechanics - "All I Need Is A Miracle", Squeeze/Ace - "How Long").
- Aleksandr Ivanovich: Laveykin; Russian cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-2).
- Michael Freedman: American mathematician and academic
- Bob Varsha: American motor sports TV commentator
- Steve Vickers: Canadian ice hockey player
- Tony Danza: TV Actor
- 5th NBA Championship: Rochester Royals beat the New York Knicks, 4 games to 3
- Stanley Cup: Toronto Maple Leafs beat Montreal Canadiens, 4 games to 1
- The National Olympic Committee of the Soviet Union is formed. The USSR first participates in the Olympic Games at Helsinki, Finland, in 1952.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sound Off (The Duckworth Chant) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- On Top Of Old Smoky - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- When You and I Were Young Maggie, Blues - Gary Crosby & Friend (Bing Crosby)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?