Saturday 21 April 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Godzilla, King of the Monsters!, directed by Ishir Honda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1956 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Richard De Mont: American swimmer and Olympics champion.
- Rick DeMont: United States -- 400m swimmer, drug disqualification (1972 Olympics).
- Richard Demont: San Francisco sports Champions.
- Peter Kosminsky: English director producer and screenwriter.
- Phillip Longman: German-American demographer and journalist.
- Nina Temple: English activist
- Charles MacArthur: American playwright and screenwriter (d. 1956).
- Former U.S. First Daughter Margaret Truman marries Clifton Daniel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 April 1956 and get them!