Sunday 21 April 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Spirit of St. Louis, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1957 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Jesse Orosco in Santa Barbara: California, USA; baseball relief pitcher (New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles, Los Angeles Dodgers).
- Edward Leslie: American professional wrestler.
- Brutus Beefcake: American wrestler.
- Hervé Le Tellier: French linguist and author.
- Jesse Orosco: American baseball player.
- Herbert Wetterauer: German painter sculptor and author
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Fidei Donum
- Marlene Hagge wins LPGA Babe Didrikson-Zaharias Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 April 1957 and get them!