Saturday 21 April 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ashley Peldon in Staten Island and Alphonso McAuley.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Palfrey of Westminster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bank Panic or Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1984 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Ashley Peldon in Staten Island: New York; actress (Marah Lewis - Guilding Light, Deceived).
- Alphonso McAuley: TV Actor.
- Shayna Fox: American voice actress.
- Michael Tinsley: American hurdler.
- Hristo Prodanov: Bulgarian mountaineer (Born 1943).
- After 37 weeks, Thriller is knocked off as top album by Footloose
- Franz Weber of Austria skis downhill at a record 209.8 km/h.
- Centers for Disease Control says virus discovered in France causes AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Rick Springfield - Love Somebody
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?