Sunday 21 April 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacob Perez and Joseph Hernandez.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.
In UK Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison was in the top 5 hits.
James and the Giant Peach, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Green Mile, Part 1: The Two Dead Girls by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cañaveral de pasiones.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Robotron: 2084 or Firo & Klawd.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1996!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1996 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Jacob Perez: Pop Singer.
- Joseph Hernandez: Photographer.
- Tavi Gevinson: American writer and actress founded Rookie Magazine.
- Dzhojar Dudaev: President of Republic of Chechenia (1991).
- Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder: oddsmaker/sportscaster (CBS), dies at age 76.
- Rodney Meredith Thomas: architect/painter, dies at age 93.
- Jimmy ''The Greek'' Snyder: American bookie and sports broadcaster (Born 1919).
- Zora Arkus-Duntov: Belgian-born American engineer.
- Robert Hersant: French entrepreneur, the founder of a powerful chain of regional newspapers. The son of a merchant marine captain, Hersant began his meteoric rise as a publisher by founding a consumer automobile magazine, L'Auto Journal, 1950, raising its circulation from 30,000 to 300,000 in two years. In 1953, he bought a small biweekly in Beauvais, the first of his eventual chain of newspapers.
- Dzhokhar Dudayev: Russian-Chechen general and politician 1st President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (d. 1996)
- Delicate Balance, opens at Plymouth Theater, New York City
- Chicago Bulls win NBA record 72 games (72-8)
- Wayne James scores 99 and 99 and ct 11 stp 2 in Logan Cup Final
- 57th PGA Seniors Golf Championship: Hale Irwin.
- Barb Mucha wins LPGA Chick-fil-A Charity Golf Championship.
- Matabeleland beats Mashonaland Country District to win Logan Cup.
- A general election in Italy proclaims a new government headed by Romano Prodi and his Olive Tree coalition, replacing Silvio Berlusconi.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room
- Busta Rhymes - Woo-Hah! Got You All In Check
- SWV - You're The One
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?