Wednesday 21 August 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmed "Kathy" Kathrada and X J Kennedy.
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1929 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Ahmed "Kathy" Kathrada: Leader of South African Communist Party.
- X J Kennedy: American poet.
- X Kennedy: American poet, translator, anthologist, editor, and author of children's literature and textbooks on English literature and poetry.
- Xj Kennedy: Dover Writer.
- Herman Badillo: Puerto Rican-American lawyer and politician (d. 2014).
- Marie Severin: American comic book artist and colorist
- Chicago Cardinals become 1st pro football team to train out of town
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?