Wednesday 21 August 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmed "Kathy" Kathrada and X J Kennedy.
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1929 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Ahmed "Kathy" Kathrada: Leader of South African Communist Party.
- X J Kennedy: American poet.
- X Kennedy: American poet, translator, anthologist, editor, and author of children's literature and textbooks on English literature and poetry.
- Xj Kennedy: Dover Writer.
- Herman Badillo: Puerto Rican-American lawyer and politician (d. 2014).
- Marie Severin: American comic book artist and colorist
- Chicago Cardinals become 1st pro football team to train out of town
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 August 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?