Thursday 21 August 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Animal Crackers, directed by Victor Heerman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1930 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Frank Perry: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 1995).
- Jean Breton: France Writer.
- Margaret : British royal family, the second daughter of King George VI who was crowned in December 1936 when she was six.
- Christiane Legrand: French jazz singer.
- Prohibition of Wieringermeer finished
- Her Royal Highness The Princess Margaret,was born. The younger daughter of Prince Albert, Duke of York (second son of King George V and Queen Mary, and later King George VI) and Elizabeth, Duchess of York (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother), and sister to The Princess Elizabeth NB. Prince Albert becomes King George VI in December 1936 after the abdication of his older brother, Edward VIII.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?