Friday 21 August 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Gorgeous Hussy, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1936 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- François Pinault: French businessman and art collector, Honorary President of the retail company Kering.
- Radish Tordia: painter of Figurative Art from Georgia.
- Tarquin Olivier: English writer, the only son of actor Laurence Olivier and his first wife actress Jill Esmond.
- Eric Heidsieck: Reims Musician.
- Wilt Chamberlain: American basketball star, 7'1" tall and a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Mart Crowley: Playwright (Boys in the Band)
- Red Sox Wes Ferrell, walks off mound when he feels he did no get good feilding, Sox suspend him
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?