Saturday 21 August 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dead End, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1937 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Gustavo Noboa: Ecuadorian academic and politician 51st President of Ecuador.
- Robert Stone: American writer known as one of the most important American novelists by 1974 with the publication of "Dog Soldiers.
- James Den: Sheboygan Writer.
- Donald Dewar: Scottish politician, Labour Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 August 1937 and get them!