Saturday 21 August 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Watch on the Rhine, directed by Herman Shumlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1943 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Lino Capolicchio: Italian actor, screenwriter, and film director.
- Patrick Demarchelier: French-American photographer.
- Jonathan Schell: American journalist and author (d. 2014).
- Lucius Shepard: American author and critic (d. 2014).
- Hugh Wilson: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Henrik Pontoppidan: Danish realist writer who shared with Karl Gjellerup the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1917 for "his authentic descriptions of present-day life in Denmark.
- Gromyko named USSR-ambassador in Washington
- Japan leaves Aleutian Islands
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?